Peipsi Information Center (Peipsi Infokeskus), founded in 2000, is a non-profit organization based on civil initiative, carrying out different programs to develop and foster the local life of the region.
Peipsi Information Center coordinates four different programs in the region at Lake Peipsi:
INFORMATION AND TOURISM PROGRAM
- Information about the Peipsi region’s accommodation and catering facilities, sights and events.
- Distributing the principles of ecological tourism;
- Nature conservation of the region at Lake Peipsi.
SOCIAL AND INTEGRATION PROGRAM
- Youth work
- Work with different risk groups (national minorities, elderly, the disabled, street children, unemployed etc).
- Distributing the idea and principles of voluntary work;
- Mediating volunteers to organizations, engaging volunteers in projects and carrying out events.
Currently the most important activities have been:
- Organizing voluntary fairs in Mustvee;
- Organizing the International Country and city cleaning campaigns;
- Environmental information days, painting and essay competitions in schools;
- Launching the Peipsi Information Server www.peipsi.ee and the public tourism and information point;
- Art and Handicraft Workshop;
- Organizing children and youth camps, organizing trainings and seminaries;
- Financing Mustvee schools, churches and the health center through the projects of the University of Virginia;
- Issuing postcard collections of Mustvee tourist objects;
- Issuing postcard collections of Peipsi region’s tourist objects;
- Issuing books on Lake Peipsi and Russian orthodox old-believers.